I have just started using QR codes with my kiddos and they love it! Here are my top 5 tips for using QR codes in the classroom:
- Use printer labels to quickly and easily label the cards with the skill or topic.
- Use a rolodex to display cards for students. This is especially helpful with small groups and when working with a small space.
- Make your own cards using index cards or cardstock. I prefer the cardstock…I can make 8 cards on one sheet! A standard hole punch will make sure the cards fit onto the rolodex slide guides.
- Store extra cards in a recipe box.
- Color code the cards by skill or subject or levels. This is a great way to differentiate. I might have three different levels for one activity and all I would need to do is assign kids a color based on skill level. Easy-peasy!
I hope these tips help make using QR codes in your classroom a snap!
The next stop on this hop is to Monica at The Schroeder Page for a bright idea about personal slates.